Saturday, October 01, 2005

No!

Nate and I have been trying not to use the word "No" around Brock unless he is doing something dangerous. I thought we were doing a good job, but had not thought about how we talk to the dog, Harley. Harley keeps getting on the kitchen table and taking food, so Nate or I tells him "No" and we give the god a little swat. Thuersday Brock was sitting on the floor eating his snack. He reached out his hand to give the dog one and when the dog came over Brock yelled "no" and hit the dog in the face. Then yesterday I was giving him kisses and he pulled back and said "no, no, no". My heart was broken. On a positive note, we went to a fall festival yesterday and I was carrying Brock and I heard him say "dog". I turned around and sure enough there was a dog! I was so proud. Aren't kids great! They are always changng and doing the cutest things. I love my little Brock Ryan!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

That is the funniest story every! I had never thought about what all we say to our dog....YIKES