Me and Olympian Kelly Garrison at my state gymnastics meet.
I have no idea why mom made me wear sock for my gymnastics picture. Who wears socks at gymnastics.Olympics
I just love the Olympics. I really love the summer Olympics but the winter Olympics are ok. I have had an obsession with the Olympics for as long as I can remember. When I was young and in gymnastics I dreamed of going to the Olympics. Nate however, does not share my passion for the Olympics. He thinks they are stupid and that no one watches them except me. I am not sure what my fascination with them are. I love to see people win, and hurt for the ones do not do well. I used to tape every gymnastics meet that came on TV when I was younger. I would watch them over and over. When Kim Zmeskal was my favorite gymnast I watched her over and over. The did a special story on her after she did not do well at the Olympics and I memorized and I still remember a bit " A gymnasts journey is a fragile journey, where the window of opportunity is opened for a very short time. In the first few seconds of her first event, the unthinkable happened (she fell off the beam) every ones heart sank, especially her mothers. Kim fought back courageously to help the US win a bronze medal........................" I am a little psycho about the Olympics!
5 comments:
Okay, don't go crazy about your counter thing because like 10 of them were me trying to get to Megan's blog. SORRY!! For some reason it is not letting me post on her blog-weird.
Oh-i do love the gymnastics photo-VERY Mary-Lou Rettinish!!
I am going to see if I can find some old gymnastics pictures! That is so funny!
Oh dear Lord!!! Tell Nate that I to love the Olympics. While I dont share the same love for gymnastics as you do I have been known to tape quite a few cheerleading competitions but I have yet to save to memory any of the story lines. You are such a nut but I love you inspite of it.
~Amy
I remember that Kim Z. special, too. She will always be my most favorite ever!
Actually, I was at this party in Cali a few months ago where we played this really silly charades type game. Each person had to write down 3 famous people of any kind. I wrote down Kim Zmeskal and some people didn't know who she was! That is a tragedy!
Oh, and I love your pictures. I espcieally love your socks.
Post a Comment