Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Trip to Oregon

Brock and Nate on the 4-wheeler. Brock thought this was a tractor and loved it! He cried every time he got off. Last night he was talking in his sleep saying "Papa, tractor"
Daddy and Brock looking at the "Doodle". That is rooster in Brock's vocab.
This was a really cool swing at Nate's aunt's house.
Brock loved the bear at Uncle Terry's house.
Brock enjoying running when we first got there.


We just got home this evening from our trip to Oregon. We went with Nate's parents and 3 of his siblings. It was so neat to go and see where Nate grew up. Brock was such a trooper and is still awake at this moment (11:30pm). I am going to post all week about our trip going day by day. I will start with day one. It was stressful getting to the airport, but we made it and Brock was great on the plane. We drove 3 hours after landing in Portland to Nate's grandparents house. They live in the country. I have never seen so many trees in my life. It was beautiful. There was no cell phone reception there either-that is just hard for me to imagine. Brock loved all the animals and fun things there. We woke up every morning at 4:30am to the sound of the rooster and Brock saying "morning Doodle". We had great walks in the field with the cows, fun tractor rides, and Brock loved the bull at Uncle Terry's house.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I love that he said "morning doodle" - that makes me so happy! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pics!! Hearing stories about Brock makes me miss him more though!! Glad ya'll are home.

~Amy

Mary Beth said...

I had no idea ya'll were going up there! I will check in to see each day-good pictures!!

Stephanie said...

Caleb loves the picture with the bear. Glad you guys had fun and made it home safely.

Anonymous said...

Morning doodle would certainly not make me happy at 4:30, but it sure is a cute thing to say!

I'm glad that you made it back safe and sound!