Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Sad Day

Today is a sad day for my little Brock. We said bye-bye to our Paci. Nate and I decided to do this now because: 1. I don't want him to have it after age 2 2. I don't want him to associate loosing the paci with the new baby. He went to sleep at nap without it so I think we are doing ok at the moment. He asked for it a few times and cried for a few minutes and he was out. Wish us luck, it could be a long hard week without the paci!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I remember the day like it was yesterday when we said goodbye to the paci with Caleb. I had it planned for a couple of months in advance. He never threw a fit, his eyes just welled up with tears. It broke my heart. We survived it. It only took a couple of days for him to adjust. Good luck. Better to do it now before baby#2 or it would be a long time until you could get rid of it after the baby.

Mary Beth said...

I am so glad you posted this. We have already transitioned (mostly) to, "the paci only stays in your crib, so the only time you can have it is a nap/night time." I have been wondering when to make the final cut. With the new baby only being weeks away, I guess we will just have to deal with that later.

Mary Beth said...

oh yeah, boy names I like are: Gavin and Branson

Staci said...

Good luck! I wasn't a paci addict...but I sucked my thumb. I still remember all the tricks my parents used to get me to stop! lol