Monday, September 18, 2006

Embarrassing Moment

Yesterday it rained all day long. I love it when it rains. I had flip flops on which was not the best choice for the pregnant lady with an almost 2 year old. Brock and I ran to Target to get a few things. We were on our way to our car, crossing the cross walk area(it is outside) and I am holding Brock and a bag, and I slip and fall. I land flat on my bottom and luckily Brock did not even hit the ground. I was trying to be tough and not cry, but I landed on my bottom so hard. The traffic stopped to let us get up. Not one person stopped to ask me and Brock if we were ok. I know there were at least 4 cars watching. People here are getting so rude. Everyone was so concerned about not getting wet, that they could not stop and ask the poor pregnant lady if her and her child were ok. I thought Texas was supposed to be known for being a friendly state. Well that was not true at Super Target on Sunday. On a side note, This morning my back hurts, I have a bruise on my knee and my thigh, and a cut toe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you fell. I am glad it was your bottom and not your belly. If I saw you fall, I would have helped you:)

Anonymous said...

That is one strike against Super Target!!! I am so sorry! Dont feel bad though a couple of weeks ago Chris and I were going to Church and I had on some pants with a wide cuff and the heel of my shoe got caught in the other legs cuff. I cought myself on Chris but then we spun around to catch me and down I went. It was so embarrasing. There were about 20 people who saw and most of them came running! Odly enough it made me more embarrased and I wish they had not run to my rescue. Needless to say we left Church and went to get some coffee. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

oh my word.... I'm so sorry. That is no fun. I can't belive no one helped you.

I hope you feel better soon!

Kippy said...

Awww! I'm so sorry. I almost fell at Target in the crosswalk last time it rained and I was carrying Jack - stinkin' flip flops. I can't believe not one person helped you. Rude, rude, rude! I'm glad y'all are ok!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you're okay. I'm sorry no one came to help you. I would like to say that that wouldn't happen at the Target here, but I just don't know. I'm glad the baby is okay too.