Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sad but Happy



Ever since Brock was born, he has never gone to bed on his own. For the last 23 months Nate or I have had to lay down with him until he fell asleep. When he was still in the pack and play(since he hated the crib) we would pray that we could lay him down gently so he would not wake up. Many nights we slept on the couch together or in my bed. When we moved him to the big boy bed we would lay beside him, usually "snuggling" until he fell asleep. One of Brock's favorite things is to say "Snuggle with Mommy" and it melts my heart. Recently, Daddy has been working on getting Brock more independent at nap/bed time since baby # 2 is coming soon. He has been doing great with Daddy and going to sleep on his own after saying prayers and singing- God is so Good, Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle. Even since he has been doing good for Daddy he would still cry when I left him- It sort of frustrated me, but inside I was glad my baby boy still needed and wanted Mommy at bedtime. Well for nap yesterday and bedtime last night after the normal routine Brock simply said "I love you too, mom. Night Night. Sweet Dreams. Bye Bye Mom. Leave." My heart broke. My baby wanted to be alone! I know he is not a baby seeing he will be 2 in less than a month. But I was very sad. In reality, I am thrilled that he will be able to do this on his own when the baby comes, but just a little sad he is growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHH! Poor mommy! I know how you feel. Charlee did that one time(not saying anything but using body language) and I was so sad. I am glad that this may make it a little easier when the new little one gets here. I will say a special prayer for you tonight.

Amy Renay said...

Dont make me cry so early in the morning!! I cant believe Brock is about to be 2. Time flies.