Wednesday, November 22, 2006

When It Rains It Pours and Mommy Cries

Braxton at the hospital.
Braxton Chilling with his glasses on!
My sweet baby.
Braxton after his IV.

Monday evening Braxton started throwing up blood so we decided to take him to Cooks Children's Hospital ER. When we arrived we got in very fast. He was very jaundice and was dehydrated. They started an IV after 4 tries. Mommy had to leave because it made me so sad. They admitted him and he has spent all his time since then under the "lights" except when he eats. He has not been eating well, but seems to be eating a little better today. We got to come home from the hospital yesterday evening and lights were delivered to the house. We picked Brock up on the way home and he seemed very tired. When we got here he started crying and I noticed he was very hot. Shortly after Brock was throwing up, and had a fever. We(my parents and I since Daddy was waiting for lights and was with Braxton) went to the doctor and they aren't sure what was wrong but gave him antibiotics just in case. He is feeling better today but still has a low fever. Nana stayed the night with us to help out. Both are our families have been so helpful! I have been very emotional, but I think I may have gotten it together a little better today! We are off to have Braxton's blood checked so hopefully we can be done with the light and I can hold my baby boy again!

3 comments:

Amy Renay said...

Oh my gosh!!! I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. I love you guys and you are all in our prayers. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Shauna said...

Oh Ryann - I hope you guys are doing better today - you are in my prayers. Hopefully Brock just had a touch of a bug - we all had the barfing bug. Braxton is in my prayers! Love ya!

Staci said...

Oh wow. I'm so sorry that you've had to go thru all that! It's hard enough just having a new baby! I'll be prayin' for ya'll.