Thursday, December 07, 2006

Braxton's First Cast



As you can tell we went to the Dr. today. The Dr. was great. He was so calm, gentle, and nurturing to Braxton. His foot is a true clubbed foot. As soon as it formed in my womb, it was formed like this. It is not a result of being so big or positioned funny. They don't know what causes it. Anyways, He will be getting a new cast every week for 6-8 weeks at the longest 10 weeks. After that he will most likely (90 % of the kids have to) will have a minor surgery on his foot. After that he will wear so special shoes with a bar in the middle for a very long time!! I think he said a year, but he said we would discuss that more as it gets closer. We feel very good about our doctors visit and very confident in the doctor. Thanks for your prayers and please continue to pray for complete healing of his leg. Braxton is now sporting all his gowns since nothing else fits!

7 comments:

Amy Renay said...

That breaks my heart. I know that it will be a long process but at least it can be fixed and when he is all grown up with a perfect foot he wont even remember all of this. I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

bless his little heart! I can't wait to see you guys on monday.

Stephanie said...

He still looks precious! I'm glad you have a good doctor you can trust. 18 more sleeps according to Caleb!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the doctor is good. That makes a big difference. Poor little guy. At least he won't remember this part. He is still cute as a button. We love you guys and you are all in our prayers.

suzspeaks said...

ohhh sweet baby... I'm glad you have a great Dr. to help with the process. You will all be in our prayers.

Shauna said...

He is in my prayers - Love you guys!

Staci said...

I'm so glad you've found a good dr. We'll continue praying for ya'll.