Monday, December 04, 2006

Special Little Foot




Braxton was born with a "clubbed"foot. At birth, they thought it might just be from fetal positioning( and just be the muscles and ligaments), but took some x-rays. The x-rays show that he does have all of his bones, they just aren't all in the right position and so on. We go to the orthopedic surgeon on Thursday at Cooks. Please pray that the doctor will be very kind and gentle with our sweet baby and will have some answers. We know this is very common, but scary when it is my little guy! We have heard they will probally cast or brace his little leg.
At first it was not painful for us to move his leg or foot. Now it is becoming painful for him and is even hard for us to dress him at times. He does not like his foot to be moved. He does not do well in "feetie" PJ's at all. Having to turn his foot is painful and it doesn't stay well. He wears lots of gowns and sleep sacks. Please pray for the little guy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will keep him in our prayers. It is a sweet little foot though.

Staci said...

We will definately be praying for you. I'm so sorry that lil' Braxton is having to go thru this. I'm so thankful that we have dr's that have the ability to fix his foot!

Amy Renay said...

I have been without internet access for the last week and feel like i have been set free. Free to waste valuable work time checking up on you. I will definitly keep Braxton in my prayers. He is so beautiful. You have so much to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

I am always praying for you and I am sorry I didn't get to meet Mr. Braxton yesterday.

Shauna said...

You guys are in my prayers - Isnt it amazing how God places people in our lives like MaryBeth for you that are dealing with similar situations. It is comforting. What an amazing God that we serve.