Thursday, May 24, 2007

Brax

Fast asleep in the middle of the living room floor.
Smiling for Mama!
Nana and Brax


We are trying to drop Braxton's thrid nap in order to try to help him go to sleep earlier. He likes to stay up until 10:00 or 10:30 and if you know me, that is well past my bedtime. So last night, I told Nate to try to keep him awake so they were playing on the floor. The next thing we knew he was sound asleep in the middle of the living room.


In other Braxton news: He does NOT sleep at night!! He wakes up 4-6 times every night. Sometimes he is up for just a few minutes, sometimes muhc longer. Sometimes he screams so loud that Brock wakes Brock up. Any suggestions? And I refuse to let him cry it out, it's not my style. We think it may be due to him having to wear his braces at night. He goes all day nice and free and then we have to strap them on at night. ANy suggestions?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sure its just a phase though it could last longer than you want. I'll send The Sleep Book home written by Dr. Bob and fam when mom and dad come, and none of their ideas involve the "CIO Method." There's lots of good suggestions in it. Too many to list here.

Staci said...

Sorry! We did the cry it out. If you can't do that I'm not sure what to do! I'll be prayin' for ya!

Mary Beth said...

We did the cry it out and have had no problems. Now, I do not make hem cry out nightmares or any major screaming, just the normal fussy-whiny stuff. Now both girls sleep about 12-14 hours each at night. In fact, I had to wake Sadie up this morning at 10:30 and they both go to bed at 8. Crazy. I am so sorry about that for you. I couldn't imagine!!!

Crissy and Kevin said...

We used a version of the cry it out method over spring break. we started on sunday evening and by that thursday Drew slept through the night. It's called sleep sense. I can e-mail you the book if you want it. Drew goes to bed at 7 or 730 and sleeps till about 530 or 6.. working on that part... let me know if I can help.