Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Braxton's 9 1/2 Month Check Up

Braxton's first trip to the mall play area. He loved it.
Crawling around
Look at me! I have 5 teeth! I got 3 of them last week!


Braxton went for his 9 month check up yesterday. We were two weeks late but o, well. Brax weighed 19 lbs 5oz.(31 %) and was 28 1/2 inches long (62%). He is SO much smaller than Brock was at this point.

Braxton is such a fun little guy. He is crawling every where and into everything. He loves to put everything in his mouth. Vacuuming is becoming a daily activity for me. If it is on the floor he finds it and it is in his mouth. Just the other day, Nate said I think Brax is choking. He was coughing a little. I stuck my finger in his mouth and he threw up and there was my hair rubber band right in the middle of it! He is one of the happiest kids I have ever seen. He smiles all the time! It is hard not to be happy when I see his big grin. He loves his brother SO much. He loves to say Buba and usually wakes up in the morning saying Buba. He also says mama, dada, nana and we think he says some other things too, but they are not understandable to anyone else. He started eating real food last week and loves it! He is still having trouble with the sippy cup. He would prefer me to hold it for him and he doesn't drink much of it. He isn't pulling up yet, but the doctor was not worried. Braxton sleeps for an hour or two at a time at night. We are all tired all the time!! If I let him sleep on me he sleeps a little longer. If you put him down without his braces he will pretty much sleep through the night. Only 15 more months of sleeping in braces!!

On another note, we went to see Dr. Hamilton on Friday. He is his ortho for his foot. He said he is doing well, but he think he may end up having to have surgery because the flexion in his foot is not as good as he would like. We also get to order a new pair of his expensive and beautiful braces that keep him up all night!

2 comments:

Rory and Cindy said...

He is seriously the happiest baby I have seen! I think the carousel is a great party idea...Tracy said she's doing that next year too! Sorry you aren't getting any more sleep, that's stinky:( Thanks for the carseat by the way and sorry I forgot to move the straps back where you had them.

Staci said...

Poor guy! I can't imagine how uncomfortable it is sleeping with those on :( I hope it gets better soon! That's so cute that he's saying buba! I bet Brock loves that!