Wednesday, October 03, 2007

First Illness


Braxton has been more fussy lately. I have been wondering if he was getting more teeth and so on. He has been even more fussy at night and you know he was sleeping anyways. Today it was really hard for me to get him down for his nap, and I noticed him pulling on his ear. So tonight, Nate took him to the after hours clinic at our doctors office just to get him checked out. He has his first ear infection. At least he made it longer than Brock did before he got his first ear infection.
A funny story to share: Nate and I are really tired. Brax wakes up every 1.5 to 2 hours and Brok has been waking up promptly at 5:30am . I am SO exhausted. So Monday in the middle of the night Brax was screaming. I hit Nate, and told him to go make a bottle. So he went and by the time that he got back Brax had calmed down so I told Nate just to set it by the bed because I knew Brax would wake up again soon. Sure enough, I was right. 20 minutes later the screams started again so I hit Nate again and told him to hand me the bottle ( keep in mind it is 1:30am and it is completely dark in our room, and yes Brax still sleeps in our room). I grabbed the bottle and put it up to his mouth. I did not realize that Nate had taken the lid off( we still don't know why he did that), so I poured 8 oz of milk all over Brax and my bed. He was choking on the milk and it was a huge mess. So all the lights came on, I changed both of our clothes and we were off to sleep on the couch.

4 comments:

Staci said...

LOL!!! I'm almost crying I'm laughing so hard picturing you pouring a whole bottle of milk on your little baby! At least you realized it! I had a friend that was so tired her husband found her holding the dog and she was about to start nursing the dog (the baby was still crying in the bed)!

Rory and Cindy said...

Sounds like you need to drop the boys off at Nana's for a night or 2 and just go home and sleep!!! Hope Brax is feeling better.

Ledbetter Fam said...

Poor Brax!!! That is a really funny story though. I am so sorry for you that you are not getting much sleep. I hope that changes soon!

Juli Beth

suzspeaks said...

that's funny! I hope he's feeling better