Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Scarecrow

Last weekend, Nate's parents took the boys to buy some flowers to plant in their backyard. Brock was so excited because he loves to "help" with their plants. The boys got to pick out their own plants. Brax picked out some red flowers. Brock picked out pumpkin seeds and is very proud of them. He is being very careful and attentive to them . Today, when I was getting ready for work, Brock said "mom, we need to make a scarecrow, so the birds will not eat my pumpkin seeds". I told him that was a great idea, so when Miss Laura arrived (their babysitter) he told her and they went off to the park to find things to make the scarecrow. Brock worked hard on it and was so proud to show me when I got home. We have even brought it in for the evening since it looks like it is going to rain. I love seeing his creative mind at work and to see how much he cares about nature. Brax and his flowers

This is the scarecrow he made

Brock has a pained look on his face, but really he was just concerned because it was windy and he did not want the scarecrow to fall down!


3 comments:

Rory and Cindy said...

HOW CUTE, WHAT A CREATIVE KID!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE his scarecrow! So cute!

Ledbetter Fam said...

That is so fun! I can't wait to see the pumpkins.

JB