Sunday, May 02, 2010

Garden




When we moved into our new house their was already a place all ready for a garden. My friend Tamara was eager to help us get started! The boys were so excited and have wanted to help with all of it. I have a bad history of killing everything. So I have a goal to keep this garden alive. I cheated and bought one tomato plant that had already grown a bit, but everything else was from seeds or a very small plant. It is so fun going outside to see new sprouts everyday. We planted red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, green peppers, peas, green beans, green onions, watermelons. I also bought a strawberry plant, but the birds keep eating the small strawberries!!




Brock ate the first tomato last week and said it was delicious!! He is saving the second one for Miss Laura(our babysitter) and hers is ready to pick tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rory and Cindy said...

I love the garden, I would definitely kill everything though! Makayla has been asking for a butterfly habitat, maybe we'll give it a shot! Let's get together soon, it's been way too long.