The Public Library
A friend told me about a program at the public library called "Bouncing Babies" that was free and for children up to 2 years old. Knowing that is was free I decided to try it out. I really thought it would be boring. I have the perception that libraries are too quiet and boring. Two weeks ago Brock and I loaded up and went to Bouncing Babies. To my surprise there was a huge turnout. You have to get there early and get a ticket. Luckily we were early and got one. The program was so fun. We sang all types of movement songs, she read a short story, they did the parachute (Brock loved it), and they got to play musical instruments. Brock just sang and sang (actually just made noise). I am so impressed with the program. After class we decided to take a look around. I really did not want to check any books out in fear that Brock would rip them or something. To my surprise, our library has a large supply of board books for babies. Brock got to check out his first books. This week I discovered the video section. They had all types of Disney movies and children's videos. They had tons of Baby Einstein videos as well. I was thrilled. I am so excited about the library. I am glad to know there are fun things that are free. You should check out your public library, you never know what you will find!
No comments:
Post a Comment