Friends
Over the last couple times I have the opportunity to see some friends I have not seen in a while. Since we are all getting old, everyone has moved and gone on their separate ways. This is when you can really find out who your true friends are. The ones that you can still talk to about anything when it has been months or years since you have seen them.
Friday night, Brock and I had the priveledge to go visit Rachel who was my very first college roommate. She was an great roommate. I remember when I first called her before we moved to college and she told me she was the president of the Future Farmers of America. I was so disappointed, because I thought there was no way we were ever going to get along. But then she sent me a picture and I went to visit her and I realized she was not you typical cowgirl, she was very prissy! We did not do anything to exciting on Saturday(expect going to Wendy's), but it was still very fun. I know she is a true friend because we can just sit there and talk about anything. I know I can always count on her to be there for me! And she is having a baby in January! We are so excited for her and Patrick!
Saturday night, Brock and I went to eat with Amy and her family. She was one of my cheerleading friends from my days at HSU. She was one of the first people I met at tryouts, and we met at each others hotels to practice for tryouts. She was only at HSU for a short time but we have always stayed in touch. She is my friend who never forgets your Birthday or to send things in the mail for Christmas. I have gotten better about remembering her Birthday, but I never get anything in the mail, not my cup of tea. But I do always call, and calling back is not her cup of tea! I had fun seeing her family who I have not seen in years and her little brother was going to college! It is always great to see Amy and we always have a great time!
Monday night, Brock and I went to see Megan. My best friend from 7th grade, actually we met in 5th but she thought I was a snob because I was a cheerleader. We went to the volleyball game and that was fun. We left Brock with my mom because he was not having his best day. It was great to see Meg and her kids Connor and Logan and her family. I can always be myself around Meg. She is so goofy. She always makes me laugh. One of my most vivid memories of Megan is when we were in junior high and we were in her moms car and she leaned over to me and said "you are really pretty, except your eyes are too close together and you nostrils are too small" I can always count on Meg to tell me like it is.
I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends who I still keep in contact with. I thank God for everyone of you everyone day. You guys will never know how much I cherish our friendships and the time we get to spend together.
4 comments:
since you are sharing memories, i will share one. when i was in fourth grade i was playing in the street with my best friend at the time (lauren frost). you were at meg's house and you leaned out the window and yelled hi to me. i was awestruck that you even knew my name. and now we are related. how random.
That made me think of a lot of fun times!! (Thanks for mentioning seeing me a while back)
Love ya, Ry!
And, you know B is really cute except for his nostrils and eyes look just like yours. Ha ha! You are beautiful and so is Brock!
Tell Brock thanks for the letter. I love ya'll and will see you this weekend.
Post a Comment